Great strength comes from faith in God
People say that I am such a strong person......I am really not strong, In fact I am the weakest person that I know. But, with God my weakness is made strong . "Great Strength comes from Faith in God..." Zechariah 12:5
When we lost Kaylee I felt so alone. I didn't fully allow myself to grieve, I just packed it all up and moved on. I took about 2-3 weeks off of work to spend as much time with Amber as I could. I ended up quitting the current job that I had and starting a new one. I had to start fresh where no one knew me and what had happened. I felt so bad later on because they did do much for me and was so great to me about letting me have the time off that I needed but, I just couldn't go back there and face all of them at my old job knowing that they felt sorry for me. My parents were my rock then, Dad and Ziegler Funeral Home took care of all of the arrangements for the funeral. I was in such a daze I don't even remember what happened, without them I don't know what I would have done. Over the next couple of years God really started to open my eyes. He showed me that I was not alone at all. During my weakest point when I only saw one set of footprints it was then that God was carrying me thru it all. He never left my side during all this and he's still with me today. I have changed so much over the last 5 years and even in just the last year too. When Dad left Union Grove I was so lost I didn't know what I was going to do. I had been apart of this church for over 14 years, it was my home. I felt that God was telling me that it was time for me to move on as well. I went to Mt. Harmony some and I enjoyed being there the times we went Bro. Gary has been a blessing to me. He did a wonderful job doing Kaylee's Funeral too and I don't think there are enough words to express my gratitude to him for all he did. But back to what I was saying ;) I felt God was telling me that we were to be going somewhere else, we followed Dad around to different Churches that he went to preach at. Sometime later Dad started preaching some at Calvary in Riceville and all he could talk about for weeks on end was how much he loved it there and what good singing they had there and that we should come visit some Sunday. I went with them one Sunday and then the next and then a couple Sundays later I joined! God knew what I needed when I didnt even know myself. This church has been such a huge blessing to me and has really helped me grow in the Lord in so many ways. I have made so many new friends that are more than just friends to me, they are like my family. One lady in particular stood out to me, I said to my Mom "She looks so familiar" well lo and behold I realized that she was one of the EMTs that responded to the house the day Kaylee passed. She went out of her way a few weeks later to find me on Myspace. Little did I know that we would one day cross paths again! And at church to beat it all! :) This lady has been such a blessing to me too. So many people have and not just her but, we have that special connection. God knew that I would need her in my life. I absolutely love my Church so much and all of its members too. I have seen my Dad preach like I have never in my life seen him preach. He's even done a little spirit running and jumping too. lol I believe all of us (my family) needed Calvary and that's why God put our family there. God knows what he's doing all the time and with that being said I will close for tonight by saying "God is Good all the Time".
When we lost Kaylee I felt so alone. I didn't fully allow myself to grieve, I just packed it all up and moved on. I took about 2-3 weeks off of work to spend as much time with Amber as I could. I ended up quitting the current job that I had and starting a new one. I had to start fresh where no one knew me and what had happened. I felt so bad later on because they did do much for me and was so great to me about letting me have the time off that I needed but, I just couldn't go back there and face all of them at my old job knowing that they felt sorry for me. My parents were my rock then, Dad and Ziegler Funeral Home took care of all of the arrangements for the funeral. I was in such a daze I don't even remember what happened, without them I don't know what I would have done. Over the next couple of years God really started to open my eyes. He showed me that I was not alone at all. During my weakest point when I only saw one set of footprints it was then that God was carrying me thru it all. He never left my side during all this and he's still with me today. I have changed so much over the last 5 years and even in just the last year too. When Dad left Union Grove I was so lost I didn't know what I was going to do. I had been apart of this church for over 14 years, it was my home. I felt that God was telling me that it was time for me to move on as well. I went to Mt. Harmony some and I enjoyed being there the times we went Bro. Gary has been a blessing to me. He did a wonderful job doing Kaylee's Funeral too and I don't think there are enough words to express my gratitude to him for all he did. But back to what I was saying ;) I felt God was telling me that we were to be going somewhere else, we followed Dad around to different Churches that he went to preach at. Sometime later Dad started preaching some at Calvary in Riceville and all he could talk about for weeks on end was how much he loved it there and what good singing they had there and that we should come visit some Sunday. I went with them one Sunday and then the next and then a couple Sundays later I joined! God knew what I needed when I didnt even know myself. This church has been such a huge blessing to me and has really helped me grow in the Lord in so many ways. I have made so many new friends that are more than just friends to me, they are like my family. One lady in particular stood out to me, I said to my Mom "She looks so familiar" well lo and behold I realized that she was one of the EMTs that responded to the house the day Kaylee passed. She went out of her way a few weeks later to find me on Myspace. Little did I know that we would one day cross paths again! And at church to beat it all! :) This lady has been such a blessing to me too. So many people have and not just her but, we have that special connection. God knew that I would need her in my life. I absolutely love my Church so much and all of its members too. I have seen my Dad preach like I have never in my life seen him preach. He's even done a little spirit running and jumping too. lol I believe all of us (my family) needed Calvary and that's why God put our family there. God knows what he's doing all the time and with that being said I will close for tonight by saying "God is Good all the Time".

I use to get frustrated because I wondered if anyone was even reading my blog because no one ever commented. So I thought I would comment on yours. This reminds me of my post No coincidence because God had it all planned out for you to cross paths with the lady who was one of the EMTs. Our God is so good. I know we don't really know each other, but once we became friends on facebook and I found out about Kaylee. My heart has hurt for you on several occasions and I have lifted you up in prayer each time. I think Blogging will be great for you to get your feelings out in the open. Anyway just wanted you to know I am reading and enjoying.
ReplyDeleteGod bless,
Stephanie